• Move the tabs on your hanging
files to the same
side (all left or
all right). Your eyes will thank
you for it.
• Rip out articles of interest when you first receive
your magazines each month. Simply scan then table of contents,
note what you want to read, tear out the articles, staple, and place
them in a
reading file. No more bulky magazines lying around!
• Keep track of monthly business and personal
labeling a file folder or an
envelope with the month.
Just throw in receipts. All your expenses will then be together
for end-of-the-month accounting.
Read with a highlighter in hand. Mark the
important parts to avoid rereading later.
• Take a
highlighter to meetings.
As you make
notes, highlight anything which will require action on your part.
• Make a list of all your files.
Keep it nearby
when you process your paperwork to avoid
duplicating files, looking
• Gather all your household equipment manuals.
Attach a receipt to each one, or note purchase date, store and price
on the covers. Place them in an "equipment" or "appliance" file.
• Re-do a filing system by first making a list of all
your file headings. Analyze, delete, combine and add as
necessary. Do it on paper first.