5 Stress-Relief Tips
by Barbara Myers
It's easy to spend your days worrying during times of war
and conflict. Many find it difficult to focus
on everyday tasks. Following are some tips to help you relieve stress
during turbulent times.
1. Make a list of your priorities and tasks you must accomplish. A list
will help you focus by clearing your head of mental clutter.
2. Turn off the TV before bed. Watching disturbing scenes in the evening
can produce fitful sleep.
3. Give a little. Many organizations are collecting donations for
military personnel. Be active instead of watching and worrying.
4. Be thankful. Don't count sheep. Count your blessings instead. It will
reduce your stress level dramatically.
5. Give yourself a break. Take care of important matters. Let the little
stuff go for a few days if you're feeling overwhelmed. Promise yourself
to pull it together within three days. Mark it on your calendar.
Free "50 Ways to Manage Your Time" tips booklet.
Copyright 2002-08 Barbara Myers
Publishers may use this article only if the bylines